Level 20 Launches Committee in Spain
Level 20, the not-for-profit body established to inspire women to join and succeed in the private equity industry, launched a new committee in Spain with an inaugural event yesterday evening.
The expansion into Spain is the latest stage of the international development of Level 20, which also launched committees in Germany and the Netherlands in 2018. These followed the founding of Level 20 in London four years ago. The Spanish Committee will be led by Maite Ballester, Managing Partner of Nexxus Iberia, and will comprise of a group of private equity professionals based in Spain, including:
- Teresa Breton, Investment Manager, Axis LP
- Cristina Badenes, Partner, Investor Relations & Corp.Dev, Meridia Capital
- Celia Pérez-Beato, Partner, Nazca Capital
- Maite Lacasa, Partner, MDF LP
- Yolanda Falcón, Managing Partner, Uninvest
- Sonia Fernández, Partner, Kibo Ventures
- Carmen Alonso, Head of Iberia at Tikehau Investment Management, Tikehau Capital
- Inés Andrade, Vice Chariwoman and Managing Partner, Altamar
- Natividad Sierra, Head of Investor Relations, Corpfin Capital
This committee will seek to work with the private equity industry in Spain to:
- Attract greater numbers of women into the industry
- Ensure that there is support to retain as many women as possible in the industry
- Help those women who have the ability and determination to reach the most senior levels of the profession to do so
The Spanish Committee will adopt a broadly similar approach to that taken in the United Kingdom, Germany and the Netherlands, and will look to organise:
- A variety of networking events, from breakfasts for smaller groups to larger events for all members
- An outreach programme to promote careers in private equity at selected business schools and universities
- A mentoring programme to help young women develop their careers with mentors, both male and female, drawn from the industry.
Maite Ballester, Managing Partner of Nexxus Iberia, commented: “We have been impressed with the impact that Level 20 has made to date and we are delighted to be launching a new committee in Spain with the backing of prestigious, leading figures in the industry. We will be working with the Level 20 team in the UK to ensure the issue remains at the top of the agenda across Europe.”
George Anson, Chair of Level 20, said: “Level 20 was set up from the start to be a European organisation and we are excited to expand our local reach further with the launch of the Spanish committee.”
Jeryl Andrew, CEO of Level 20, said: “The establishment of our third European committee is another exciting milestone. We continue to work to expand the scale and scope of our activities which is only possible with the support of our sponsor firms and the active involvement of so many of those who work in the industry across Europe.”
Level 20 now has over 2,000 members, spread across the UK, Europe and beyond, and has received financial backing from 48 GP sponsors. It is working across Europe with senior industry professionals with the aim of launching more committees in additional geographies.
The Level 20 launch event in the Spain was sponsored by Advent International, Bridgepoint, CVC Capital Partners, Meridia Capital and Permira.